Level Up: 3 Easy Steps To Morning Routine Success
Do you wake up feeling more sluggish then when you drug yourself to bed? Does your day feel like you are always trying to play catch up? No matter what you do you just can't seem to get out of your own way!
Let's get serious a second with some hard facts. The reason your day is happening to you & not for you is because you are missing the most important part of your day, your morning routine. You can't be a successful holistic health business owner if you aren't taking the steps you need to create a healthy balanced day for yourself. While we can be successful business woman, winging it through the average day as we dish out chicken nuggets & goldfish crackers, we WILL take others to new heights of holistic wellness if we ourselves are a hot mess express when we start the day.
So let's get started by creating a good enough morning routine that will take us sailing through mom duties & our business back office.
YA GOTTA COMMIT
Momma you won't get your tired butt out of bed if you have a one foot out the door commitment. So ask yourself "Why do I really want to create a morning routine?" Do you hate the fact that you always feel anxious as the day unfolds & you haven't gotten a head start? Maybe you are sick of the mom guilt after you lose your cool one more time because your kids just can't seem to find a pair of socks. Mind you they don't have any in their drawer & you didn't give them any time to transition from their tablets to getting going. We will talk about that later, MOM GUILT is the devils work. Once you know why you want to get up & how that would make your day look differently I 100% guarantee you will see a difference when that alarm goes off.
- Start getting to bed 20 minutes earlier. You can't be productive working from exhaustion.
- Turn off the snooze button. Yup, I said it! Subconsciously your brain knows you have worked in 30 minutes of procrastinating.
- Give your alarm an encouraging name. "GET UP LOSER" isn't going to motivate you to get out of bed, but "YOU'RE WORTH IT" just might give you just enough umph to get those feet on the floor. HINT HINT "You are so freaking worth it"
DRESS FOR SUCCESS
If ya wanna talk the talk, ya gotta WALK THE WALK. Now i'm not talking about the cat walk pulling out your
stiletto heels, but still wearing yesterdays yoga pants if gonna play with your head. You are a business owner, it's time to act the part.
- Get up, grab a shower & finish your morning skincare routine..
- Get dressed, whatever makes a feel good, just make sure you are in different clothes than yesterday.
- Put on that one extra little thing that makes you feel good (Lipgloss, Fun necklace, Cute Baseball Hat)
PUT FAITH FIRST
I might have just lost some of you, but let me finish. Is your life exactly where you want it to be right now? Is your business where you want it to be? Are your kids driving you crazy? Do you continue chasing that shiny new object that is going to fix everything? Don't worry that was me too just a short time ago. Nothing will change if you are fighting the battle alone. Maybe God isn't your jam and that's okay, I would never force my faith on you. However, there is something that you believe in that is bigger than you and it's time to reconnect.
- Stay off your phone in the morning until you checked in with that higher power & did some work there. My life is drastically improving the more I give my first moments to God.
- Surrender- no it's not always easy to put control in others when you are hanging on by a thread, that's the whole purpose of connecting back to your faith. What do ya have to lose?
- Stay consistent. Working hard to be intentional means doing the things you know you SHOULD do verse what you WANT to do. because habit tells you it's easier.
You know you have it inside of you to make these changes. You found the courage to push out an 8 lb baby for the first time & you looked past fear when you started your business. So what's to think you can't tackle a morning routine? Remember you don't have to do all these things at one time. Start by moving up your wake time by just 5 minutes. If you start there & increase it by 5 extra minutes each week over then next four weeks you will gain 20 whole minutes of alone time. Just imagine it... 20 whole minutes ALONE to gather your thoughts & get ahead of your day (and kids). Rome wasn't built in a day & neither is your overnight success. It all starts with willingness & a dream for a better tomorrow.
What is one thing you love filling into your mornings to get started in the right direction? Let me know in the comments.